INGESTEM, I-Stem and biotherapies: 1st congress november 19-20th, 2015
INGESTEM, the national infrastructure in biology and health certified by the “Investissements d’Avenir” program (2012-2019), is the first French network of therapeutic innovations based on induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS) cells and human tissue engineering.
Created by Professor Annelise Bennaceur-Griscelli, head of the Stem Cell Hub of ESTEam Paris Sud at Paul Brousse Hospital in Villejuif, a well known expert in its field, this infrastructure gathers 5 reference INSERM research units and hubs as follows:
– ESTeam Paris-Sud (INSERM U935,Villejuif),
– I-Stem (INSERM U861, Évry), member of the Innovative Biotherapies Institute for Rare Diseases (BIRD)
– IGBMC (INSERM U964, IGBMC, Strasbourg),
– PrimaStem (INSERM U846, SBRI, Lyon),
– SAFE-iPS (INSERM U1040, IRMB, Montpellier)
INGESTEM ambition is to use the major potential of cellular reprogramming techniques to generate models of human diseases and regenerative medicine.
It’s first INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS will be held at La Maison de la Chimie in Paris and will be about “Pluripotent Stem Cells : reprogramming & tissue engineering”.
Come and meet there opinion leaders including experts from the Innovative Biotherapies Institute for Rare Diseases/I-Stem.
Program is as follows (detailed version to be downlowded : Ingestem-Program):
• Key lecture by George Q. Daley, (Harvard)
• Session 1: Mechanisms of reprogramming and genome stability
• Session 2: Regulation of ES / iPS cells differentiation
• Session 3: Technical challenges, co-chaired by Marc Peschanki (Scientific Director, I-Stem)
• Session 4: iPSC disease modelling and disease research
• Session 5: iPSC models, from HTS plate-from to therapeutic molecules, chaired by Cécile Martinat (I-Stem)
• Session 6: Tissue and cell delivery, from basic research to clinical trials
With international key opinion leaders:
• Manuel Serrano, CNIO (Madrid, Espagne)
• Raul Mostovslaky, Harvard Medical School (Boston, Etats-Unis)
• Paula M. Alves, ITQB IBET (Oeiras, Portugal)
• Chad Cowan, Harvard Stem Cell Institute (Boston, Etats-Unis)
• Lee Rubin, Harvard SCRB (Boston, Etats-Unis)
• Philippe Ménasché, INSERM Université Paris Descartes (Paris, France)
Register now on www.congress.ingestem.fr